Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Valentine Cookies!

This last week was pretty good.  We watched Hotel Transylvania for our annual friday movie night this week.  I didn't get to see much since Becca needed to go to bed but the girls liked it alot.  Saturday we went to Costco and the grocery store to get food. Then Grant and I put together 7 freezer meals for the crock pot in an hour or so.  I have been wanting to try this for awhile and we finally did it.  Hopefully it will make the after school-dinner rush hours a little less rushed.

 This morning I took Becca to get her 18 month pictures taken.  She was not happy about it and we only got 1 picture with her happy or smiley, but at least we got 1! The funny part about it was the photographer was very talkative and told me about his idea to include a picture coffee mug with the traditional portrait package because who doesn't drink coffee, right? I just smiled and nodded and decided not to mention the fact that I do in fact not drink coffee.  We are definitely not in Utah anymore!

Last night we made Valentine sugar cookies as per downs/townsend family tradition.  It is always a little bittersweet-fun to do but makes us all homesick.  Leah especially enjoyed it and worked on her cookies for 45 minutes!  Emma like that the hearts were graduated in size and stacked really well. She made both me and Grant our own cookie stack-oh boy! Becca had fun licking frosting off her knife.  We tried a new frosting recipe and it was delicious. It is called whipped cream cheese frosting and was super light and airy.

The last exciting thing this week was Emma getting a black eye.  Actually it is just a bruised eye brow not a black eye she says.  She was doing a flip over the ottoman and came face to face with the piano leg!  She had a huge bump and now has a nasty bruise.  We included pictures for everyone to see, per Emmas request. 






1 comment:

  1. What a cute bruise! And fun cookies! Hooray for Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete