Monday, January 7, 2013

Robots and Boots

So I have decided to do a once a week post to keep everyone updated on the exciting life of the Myers!  This last week wasn't too busy but I do have a few things to share.  Becca got some new rain boots- which I found for only $2.99!  It was such a steal I had to brag!  She loves them.  She wears them dawn til dusk only letting us take them off for naps and bedtime.  She walks kinda funny but she is happy so we are too.  Becca is also talking more and more everyday.  She will look at herself in the mirror and say "hi there." She also say more, ma and bye.  She tries to say a lot more that isn't usually understandable.  However the other night we asked her if she wanted ice cream and she tried to say it back and it was recognizable to us!  She also has taken up screaming when she doesn't get her way- a true 18 month old.  Her poor sisters just sigh and give her back what they took so she will stop screaming. 
Emma had an exciting week.  We took her to the eye doctor because the pediatrician said her screening came back irregular.  I have been stressed and worried she would be like me and need glasses so young.  However, the doctor says her eyes are perfect and she is actually a little farsighted which usually means if she ever does become near sighted it won't be for quite awhile!  This week Emma also made a robot costume from boxes and paper bags.  The best part about it is that it turns her into a helping robot.  You just push the correct buttons and Emma asks in a robot voice "what do you want me to do?" and she does it!
Leah had a quiet week.  Lots of movies and computer since mom is still getting over her monster cold from Christmas.  She watched a new show on PBS called Daniel Tiger something or other.  Anyway it is base on Mr. Rogers and has some of the similar songs and teaches some good character and social lessons.  Now she is always telling me "thanks for taking care of me, it means you love me" and asking to make things for everyone in the family to show them she loves them. 
Grant is working away at well work and I am trying to figure out how cub scouts works since I am the new bear den leader assistant. I guess I had more to say than I thought:) that doesn't often happen to me!  Anyway here are some pics of Becca in her boots, Emma's robot costume and sisters hanging out watching tv.



2 comments:

  1. Robot music, robot helpers, your girls have robots on the mind! Love reading about your everyday adventures in Maryland-that lunch note
    Emma wrote herself is still cracking me up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling robot helper and rain-boots that match her drinking cup! You can't ask for more. Thanks for the news and pics. We love you

    ReplyDelete