Thursday, August 14, 2014

Beach Trip and other stuff

I can't believe we have been home from Utah for a month now!  We have been enjoying the recent cooler summer weather and spending lots of time outside at parks and going for walks.  A week or so ago the girls had a princess pajama party with some friends.  We watched a movie, painted finger nails and had lunch.  Everyone seemed to mostly have a good time.  This last Saturday we did a monster day trip to the beach in southern New Jersey.  We were able to meet our friends the Killions there and had a great time.  We played in the waves and the sand and enjoyed some pizza from Sams Pizza and even had famous ice cream from Springers! 
School is starting in just under 2 weeks and I am not sure who is more excited-Emma or me! Leah is excited and a little nervous for Kindergarten.  She announced yesterday she has her first loose tooth!  I can't believe how fast the time is gone and that I will have two graders now, as Emma used to say. Becca is having lots of fun with her sisters home and I am sure she will miss them terribly.  She is really into reading books right now and her favorites are the brown bear series of books and there is a nightmare in my closet. She continues to be precocious and use big words.  The other day at the pool she asked me to grab her flotation for her.  She also likes to sing the song from the Lego movie "everything is awesome, everything is cool."  Alicia is about to crawl anyday.  She also likes to dance aka rock forward and back while sitting up.  She has a funny piglet grunting noise she makes that makes me laugh.
Grant and I continue pray and hunt for a job opportunity.  It is stressful and unnerving not knowing what the next few months will bring but at least we have each other and our girls to help us see the joy in everyday.  Here are some pictures from our recent adventures!


Princess Pajama Party!


Yummy channel changer

I wouldn't be smiling if I was laying like that!








at Cape May, NJ looking for "diamonds"

Just chillin and eating tater tots on a Sunday afternoon




No comments:

Post a Comment