Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Air and Space Museum and Labor Day Weekend

So I realized today that I haven't updated the blog for awhile.  I thought for sure I did after we went to the Air and Space Museum but I guess I got all the pictures ready and never posted them.  I must be pregnant or something!  Speaking of we found out that baby #4 is another girl! We made pink cookies to celebrate and presented them to Emma when we picked her up from school. She just kept asking why did you make pink cookies? So we told her she would have another sister and she said Oh well, I will just teach her to put on makeup.  She has been hoping for a brother because little sisters just ruin everything she says.  Leah just said I told you it was a girl! 
A couple weeks ago we visited the Udvar-Hazy Air and Space Museum in Virginia.  It is still run by the Smithsonian but it is by the Dulles airport, which makes it a lot easier to park at and get to and a lot less busy.  The girls got to ride in a simulator and had a grand time.  I think that was their favorite part but the stars wars memorabilia in the space exhibit was a close second.  They wanted to play with the dolls and space barbies that were on display! Here are some pictures:
This is the observation tower where you can watch planes coming and going from the airport.

Emma and Leah taking a break!

Becca wanted her picture taken in front of the yellow plane!

Space Shuttle Discover

Just a funny pic of Becca eating her fruit by the foot

Leah in from of the museum
On Labor Day we visited Brookside Gardens just outside of DC.  It was kinda hot and humid so we didn't stay too long but we had fun exploring the different plants!




Leah and Becca on the butterfly bench

Emma inspecting the Bird of Paradise flowers

Last but not least a few funny/random pictures from the last two weeks.  Most of them I took but a few the girls took.  Emma has been experimenting with the camera and I found a ton of random pictures of our house on it when I downloaded pictures today.  She took a picture of the tile, wood floor and carpet and a picture of her bread for her sandwich.  So funny! There is also a picture of Emma's first day of first grade.  She is loving school much more this year.  She loves that she gets to go to the library everyday during reading time and has been finding books that either have her or Leah's name on them as an author or in the title.  She also told Grant when they tested her reading they told her she reads on a 5th grade level!  She is a reading machine!
Emma with her hair all curled for church

Becca being silly!

Emma took this of Becca just after she got out of bed

Sisters cuddling watching a movie

Emma's first day of First Grade.  She's a grader now!

1 comment: