Monday, April 22, 2013

Spring!

The last 2 weeks have been super busy!  Lots of church and school things going on.  I went with Emma's class to the D.C. zoo a week and a half ago.  It was really neat and we had a lot of fun despite the 90 degree temperature and the hour and a half bus ride due to traffic!  Emma and I and 2 friends from her class walked around together and tried to see as many animals as we could in the 2 hours we had.  We are planning a family day trip to go back. 
I have been volunteering in Emma's class one hour a week.  I am grateful to now have friends in the ward to help watch the kids so I can do this.  We had to miss last week due to Leah's ear infection but it has been fun playing teachers aide and making copies and such!
Spring is here in full force so we have been spending more time outside.  We got the girls a sand table for the back yard and a hose so we can fill up our little swimming pool.  Becca has a hard time staying in our yard and is frequently escaping to our neighbors yards and trying to go up the stairs to their decks.  It would be helpful to have a fence with this adventurous child.  The world has instantly turned green and I am almost getting clostrophobic. All our views are being cut off by trees and greenery.  We can hardly see the houses across the creek anymore.  Trees are blooming all around and causing lots of sneezing and congestion but they are really pretty so it makes up for it. 
The girls are doing well.  Emma still never wants to go to school and has started what we call her zombie routine.  She pretends she is sleeping all morning while we get her dressed, set her at the table for breakfast and walk her to school, but it is better than all the screaming that usually accompanies her lack of enthusiasm for school.  Leah is loving soccer so we got her some shin guards which she wears almost everywhere including to the Pinewood Derby last week.  Becca is trying to say more words and being as cute as ever.  She has started to say Emma but she says it really slow and really emphasizes the ma so it is more like em-MA.  Last night we were watching funny home videos and she just kept saying "oh no" "uh-oh" and "ouie" and then laughing fashionably late if the rest of us did. 
Grant and I are keeping more than busy chasing our little girls around and doing our church jobs.  Grant is busy mailing letters and trying to track down members that have disappeared.  This last week in scouts we had the pinewood derby and I had to be a line judge.  I could be impartial since I didn't have a child racing they said when they asked.  It was a lot of pressure and some people are very intense about their pinewood derby!
That is a quick update and here are a few recent pictures. I just had to add a few of the pretty flowers I couldn't help myself!
Emma and her classnmates at the zoo

Becca eating her first ice cream cone!


Pretty bush outside out front door-not sure what it is?

Tulip tree blossom

Cherry tree on our school walking route

Upclose cherry blossom

Becca saying "cheese"

No comments:

Post a Comment