Sunday, December 12, 2010

Christmas 2010


So as usual I haven't written much lately. But it has been an exciting couple of months at our house. To start in September I woke up one morning in awful pain and had to go to the hospital. Turns out I was pregnant but it was ectopic. So after a few awful days of pain and luckily no surgery everything was fine. It took awhile to get back to normal and then yet again unexpectedly in November I found out we are having another baby. This time we have been blessed that everything seems normal including the morning or shall I say all day sickness. Between these two rather large events life hasn't really been normal for awhile.
But life does have a way of keeping going. Emma has been going to a joyschool preschool twice a week and loves getting to be with her friends. Leah loves Emma being gone because she gets mom all to herself!
Emma is really excited for Christmas and adds at least 5 things she wants to her list every day including cheetos and barbies and anything else she sees. Leah just likes taking the ornaments off the Christmas tree and dropping them on the floor, which we usually try to stop. So this afternoon while I was resting on the couch I looked up at Leah with her hand about to touch an ornament and she said "leah! no touching ornaments!" I think she has finally got the message.
Emma is as dramatic as ever. Tonight Grant was trying to get her into the car while she was extreme unwilling and bonked her head on the door. Emma then cried most of the way home how he broke her bones and that was one her "truths" that shouldn't be broken. I think she meant rules, but she then went on to list a whole bunch of her truths that we should follow so she will be happy. She comes up with the funniest things sometimes. Especially names for the new baby that she has decided is going to be a boy. Her latest name of choice is Frunger. When asked what we should do if it isn't a boy she said "it could work for a girl!"
Leah and Emma have become fast friends and spend most of the day playing puppies, traps, or rapunzel from their new bunk beds. It is nice that they are enjoying each others company more, it means less entertaining from me. Well that is a quick update of our crazy few months. Hopefully things will not be too extra exciting until the baby comes in July!

3 comments:

  1. Well if that name doesn't work for you, we might use it. We love it. :) Your post made me really laugh today! "Emma's Truths" It's a good thing she doesn't yet know how to write, or they all may have been posted on your wall after the head bonk.
    As soon as we have the hot-tub up and running we'll have you all over for a swim party (or soak your feet party, or whatever).. Though it may not be for a while because I've been very remiss in learning how it works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the baby news! That is so exciting.. I can't believe how many of our sorority friends are having babies this next year! 6 so far.. It will be fun to hear what your having when the time comes. I have been super sick this last pregnancy and mine was all day as well, I am 20 weeks now and finally feeling normal again and not sick! Good luck with everything and hope it continues to go well!

    ReplyDelete