Tuesday, February 9, 2010

2010






Just a few fun pictures from this year.
Well this new year has been busy, as you can tell since we haven't updated for quite a while. Emma started primary and I am not sure who cried more, her or me. She still gets a little teary when I drop her off but is happy when we pick her up and talks about her teacher Annie and prophets or praying or whatever they learned about that day for the rest of the week. She still has funny phrases that she says as she tries to figure out how some words go together and in general how the world works. This morning she woke up and told me she didn't want to get "shot" today because she wasn't sick. Apparently her flu shots had quite the impact she mentions it quite often. She is really into the "Olivia" books and frequently tells me she "loves me anyway" like olivia tells her mom. Saturday we were on the way home from Grandma Flo's house and Emma asked if she could watch a movie, and I told her no. In response she said can we have Family Home Evening then? Sometimes I feel like the things I try to teach them and do with them don't really get through but when she said that it helped me realize what I do really does matter and make a difference. She is so much fun and has so many thoughts and ideas to share with me everyday. I am so glad I get to stay home and be with her and watch her as she grows.
Leah is...almost eighteen months. Meaning she says no to everything and runs everywhere! Her new favorite trick is to push the chair up to the counter in the kitchen and eat the butter. At least now she gets out a spoon instead of using her fingers! She is very polite and says thank you for everything you do-getting her food, putting her coat on, and even changing her diaper. She is talking and trying more words everyday. She loves to play and climb and pester her sister. They are starting to play together better and I they will frequently disappear together and soon will both be laughing hysterically doing some silly thing together.
Grant is working hard on research and trying to keep his wife happy (which can be quite difficult somedays). I am renewing my commitment to keep better track of what I eat and excercise more. It is easier to feel motivated now the sun is shining more and the days are getting longer. I can feel spring is just around the corner and can't wait to start our garden and play outside with the girls more!

4 comments:

  1. What a great update! I feel like we haven't seen you guys for ages so I'm excited that this next week for Sunday dinner we get to all be there together again. We love the picture at the top, go Utes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun to see a update from you! Your girls are cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these pictures. Go UTES! You are supremely wonderful Niki. I know you are treasuring this time, watching our babies grow. It is worth it. Love, Grandma Flo

    ReplyDelete